Empty containers were left stranded in Europe and the US in the first half of 2020 when shipping lines cancelled hundreds of trips as coronavirus lockdowns caused a sudden slowdown in global trade. When western demand for Asian-made goods rebounded in the second half of the year, competition among shippers for available containers sent freight rates soaring by 300-500%. Freight cost increases will lead to inflationary pressure on consumer goods in 2021.
- Thanks to NAI Capital for this Q4 2020 update on the Los Angeles County industrial market.
- Matt Beck is a friend, idea bounce-board
- It may surprise you that a state plagued with drought has for 100+ years quietly
- Hot off the presses, here’s some interesting analysis on the rapid curtailment of case closures
- Analysts at Zillow have published an encouraging study describing the benefits of landlords