Empty containers were left stranded in Europe and the US in the first half of 2020 when shipping lines cancelled hundreds of trips as coronavirus lockdowns caused a sudden slowdown in global trade. When western demand for Asian-made goods rebounded in the second half of the year, competition among shippers for available containers sent freight rates soaring by 300-500%. Freight cost increases will lead to inflationary pressure on consumer goods in 2021.
- The image on the right comes from the Southern California Marine Traffic Map
- In a major move for one of the country’s larger traditional professional services firms
- Pipelines are, at least statistically
- Join us at the [LIVE IN-PERSON] PEMA Remediation Seminar on Tuesday, October 19, 2021 in Seal Beach, CA
- Logistics collide with supply and demand in these two snapshots