Finding and mapping the disposed drums at the bottom of the ocean is actually the easy part – what to do next is often more difficult. Removal/remediation of maritime hazardous waste can often exacerbate the problem by spreading it around; one technique that we sometimes use is to fixate the contaminants in-place through more secure burial.
- Is it Really Still Possible to Close Environmental Cases in California?
- RWQCB Requiring “Restoration to Background” Could Mean the End of Risk-Based Cleanup Goals in California
- An Introduction to DTSC’s New Discovery and Enforcement (D&E) Program with Rafat Abbasi –
- Evaluating & Selecting Environmental Remedial Strategies #3
- Evaluating & Selecting Environmental Remedial Strategies #1